WSU study finds no abuse on football team | News
An internal investigation into allegations by a former player of abuse by coaches on the Washington State football team did not turn up any evidence of such abuse in the program headed by coach Mike Leach.
Athletic director Bill Moos says a dozen players were interviewed by two members of his staff, and all reported they were having a positive experience at Washington State.
Star receiver Marquess Wilson quit the team late in the season and contended that players were suffering physical and mental abuse at the hands of coaches.
Washington State President Elson Floyd asked for the internal review of those allegations, and also asked the Pacific-12 Conference to do its own review.
The conference review is still being conducted.
Upcoming Events near Pullman - Moscow
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Spokane looks to change how Municipal Code looks at gender identity
- Brush up on traffic safety prior to Bike to Work week
- Greater Spokane Incorporated hires new leader
- Spokane City Council sends letter to County Prosecutor about timely investigations
- Civic Theatre invites community to join Torchlight Parade