ISP clears Latah County Sheriff's Office following harassment claims | News
An investigation by the Idaho State Police found no criminal wrong doing by the Latah County Sheriff's Office following controversial Facebook interactions with a wanted suspect who later committed suicide.
Andrew Cain committed suicide in late June and members of his family claimed online harassment by members of the Latah County Sheriff's Office was a contributing factor. A wanted poster of Cain was posted on the LCSO Facebook page congratulating Cain for being the wanted person of the month. Cain later made contact with a Sheriff’s Deputy, via a second unofficial Facebook page, who encouraged Cain to turn himself in.
Sheriff Wayne Rausch requested the review after the harassment claims were made. The Idaho State Police conducted the investigation and found that there was no criminal wrong doing in the way that LCSO communicated with Cain. Both Facebook pages have since been removed.
Upcoming Events near Pullman - Moscow
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Spokane looks to change how Municipal Code looks at gender identity
- Brush up on traffic safety prior to Bike to Work week
- Greater Spokane Incorporated hires new leader
- Spokane City Council sends letter to County Prosecutor about timely investigations
- Civic Theatre invites community to join Torchlight Parade