Man Escapes Injury After Car Rolls and Catches Fire | News
A 30-year-old Pullman man escaped serious injuries Sunday afternoon after his 2005 Chevy Aveo rolled and caught fire on the Pullman-Albion Road near Christian Road.
According to the Whitman County Sheriff's Office, Joshua Pogue told deputies he had fallen asleep, drifted off the road into a ditch, the car rolled over one complete time, and then caught fire just before 5:00 p.m.
In addition to deputies, crews from Fire District 11 and Fire District 12 responded to the scene. Pogue was able to exit the car before rescue personnel arrived. He suffered bumps and bruises in the accident and was transported to Pullman Regional Hospital. He was cited for driving with a suspended license.
Upcoming Events near Pullman - Moscow
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Spokane looks to change how Municipal Code looks at gender identity
- Brush up on traffic safety prior to Bike to Work week
- Greater Spokane Incorporated hires new leader
- Spokane City Council sends letter to County Prosecutor about timely investigations
- Civic Theatre invites community to join Torchlight Parade