Remote cameras lead to marijuana grow | Crime
A remote game camera in Latah County led to an illegal marijuana grow.
U.S. Forest Service workers set up the remote camera in September after they noticed marijuana plants on national forest ground. Lloyd Byers, 55, was arrested after the camera caught him harvesting his illegal crop.
The alleged grow contained about six plants. Latah County Sheriff's deputies found over a pound of processed marijuana in Byers' home. Byers has been charged with Felony Manufacturing Marijuana and has his first court appearance next month.
Upcoming Events near Pullman - Moscow
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Spokane looks to change how Municipal Code looks at gender identity
- Brush up on traffic safety prior to Bike to Work week
- Greater Spokane Incorporated hires new leader
- Spokane City Council sends letter to County Prosecutor about timely investigations
- Civic Theatre invites community to join Torchlight Parade